Monday, October 26, 2009

The OVERCOMER

I feel so blessed to have a church family that is supportive and non-judgmental. I was able to go and talk to some of the women of Christian Faith Center about how to be an “Overcomer.”

I believe that each one of us has what it takes to overcome many different obstacles in life. For some of us to “overcome” these issues come easier than for others. As I look at the many obstacles that I have had to overcome I know that there are so many other ladies out there just like me who have had to fight a battle in their own lives. I am thankful for the many challenges I have had to overcome because it has made me into the person I am today!

Being involved in pageants I have had the privilege of meeting many young and older ladies who have had to overcome different issues. I have heard happy endings and I have heard sad endings, but I look at these ladies and see that they have OVERCAME!

What a powerful message many of us have to share. I would like to encourage you to get out there and share… You may never know whose life you may touch by just sharing where you have been and how you ended up where you are today!

“OVERCOMER”
Lord you know I am pushing on to run this race
I fix my eyes on you in everything I face
Even when my feelings say it isn’t so
Your truth that beats inside my heart won’t let me go
With every step of faith you strengthen me
Along every mile of trust you’re remaking me
Tho` a trial of tears marks the path that I’ve come
Until your arms, I’ll continue to run!