Thursday, October 8, 2009

A new hair cut

Today was school picture day at my kid’s school. So we have the usual routine where they wake up take a shower gets dressed eat breakfast, brush their teeth make their beds and head out the door.


So today Lexi informs me that she will be getting her hair cut after school. This has been a LONG battle for us. Every morning when she has to brush out her hair she turns into an ugly green monster. So this morning just like every other morning she is brushing out her hair and says I am so glad this will be my last day brushing the snarls out of my hair.


I said well how short do you think you are going to get your hair cut. She said SHORT! So after school I pick the kids up and we head over to Bethany’s (who is our pastor’s daughter and a wonderful hair stylist 350-1626 if you are looking give her a call) to get Lexi’s hair cut. Marty was quite upset that he could not be there (he was in Donnelly doing some winter cleaning.) So we go in and Lexi sits in Bethany’s chair ready to get ALL her hair cut off. Bethany looks at me and says how short, I show her on Lexi’s back, she starts to cut it and I see Lexi sitting there all excited.


Bethany gets all done, gives the kids some candy and we walk out. Lexi looks and me and says it is so short. I said do you like it? She said I love it! NO JOKE Bethany only cut about 2 inches off her hair!!! Isn’t it funny how even the smallest changes make us feel like a new person?


Two inches is not a lot of hair, but to Lexi it is “so short.” She feels like a new girl with short hair when in reality her hair was brushed out, trimmed (cleaned up) and styled in a new way.


Sometimes that is all we need, is for someone to clean us up and give us a new style. Sometime we get stuck doing the same old thing day after day and we do not realize that we need a change, it is then that when we get the smallest change we are able to start fresh and new!


I am so grateful that my daughter is able to teach me something new! It seems as if everyday I lean something new from both my kids!