Wednesday, October 7, 2009

1 week and counting!

Picture one is my Sr. year of High School, Picture 2 was when I was 23, picture 4 was when I was 25, picture 5 was when I was 26 and the last photo was when I was 27. That was the last time I had a head shot taken of me!!!





































I guess like a nice wine you age better with time!







In ONE week I will be 31~ yes 31… Wow were did the time go? It feels like just yesterday I was 23 doing my first Mrs. pageant…. WOW when I look at pictures from then and now I am thankful for getting older!

I have noticed that the older I get the earlier I go to bed and the more my joints ache, the more wrinkles start to pop up all over my face (and stay.) I must say there are defiantly pro’s and con’s to getting older, but for the most part it is GREAT!

I thought that after the pageant I would “slow” down but I have come to find out that is just something people say. In my world there is no “slow.”

Besides from being a wife, mother, running pageants, selling Scentsy, volunteering in my kids classes, helping out with my husbands business I have taken on two political campaigns, and putting together a golf tournament for my church.

I am just so thankful that I am able to ALL this. There are many people out there who can not do things on their own. They can not feed themselves go for walks with their kids, help kids in the school learn to read, use a computer, know about our rights as US citizens, or worship God. For all this and so much more I am thankful.

At least getting older comes the benefits of enjoying the finer things in life!