Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Birthday



What a great day yesterday was. It was Marty and Lexi’s birthday! I can not believe my baby is 8 years old, am I really getting that old? It was also Election Day. I was campaign chairwoman for Nampa Mayor Tom Dale. Proud to say another victory! Also my mom City Council Woman Pam White was running for re-election and she won! Great day all around. Both of them won with over 70% of the votes, if it’s not broke why fix it right!?


So for Marty’s birthday we went to Red Robin for lunch (it is a tradition.) Then for dinner we went to this awesome new restaurant called Darby’s. What was funny is that I asked Lexi what she would like for me to make for her birthday dinner and she said “well did you ask dad?” I said no, she said “well I want to go to Darby’s.” Well then ok to Darby’s it is!


After dinner we went to the campaign party until about 10pm. Because Canyon County is SO SLOW calculating the votes we did not get the official results until 2am! Mind you only 8,000 voters voted! Are you kidding me!?!?! I could have hand counted them faster than that!!! Anyway, I was pleased with the out come!


It was indeed a great day all around!