Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day

St. Patrick was a real man.... 

Little is known of Patrick's early life, though it is known that he was born in Roman Britain in the fourth century. He was held as a slave in Ireland before he escaped. He later returned to Ireland to preach Christianity. 

The color BLUE was first associated with Saint Patrick, however over 
the years the color GREEN became more and more associated with 
Saint Patrick's day when people started to wear green ribbons 
and shamrocks. 

Saint Patrick would use a three leaf shamrock to explain the 
holy trinity within the Christian church.  

In the 1990 Ireland started to use Saint Patrick's day to  showcase 
Ireland and it's culture.

I am Irish, so for me this is one day that I like to learn more about my 
heritage and where I came from.