Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Whats for dinner?

As a fulltime working mother, I find that at times it is difficult to want to come home and cook a healthy meal. When I get home at 6pm all I want to do is take a hot bath and relax. But…… Being a mother means I have responsibilities.

When I walk into the house, one of the first things I hear is “Mom what’s for dinner?” I am always looking for healthy ideas for dinner. Here is one I just found and my kids LOVE it…. It is healthy, and for me having issues with eating….. It is a great way to fill me up and make me feel like I am not a pig.

Tomato Green Chili Tortilla Casserole

1 pound ground turkey meat

2 tsp. onion flakes

1 can of cream of mushroom soup

1 can of cream of chicken soup

10 oz can of stewed tomatoes with green chili

6 corn tortillas

½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 375. Brown the meat and onion flakes together. Drain off the fat. Stir in both soups and can of tomatoes. Cut or tear tortillas into bite size pieces. Spray casserole dish. Layer tortilla pieces with meat mixture. Sprinkle cheese on the top and bake for 30 min.

I like to add a mixed green salad to go with this.

I hope you will try this for dinner some night and see how yummy it is!